Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Karthikeyan to make F1 history

on Reuters UK

"Today, I can see my dream of becoming India's first F1 driver become a reality. The last 48 hours have been very tough and very hectic. We've had good news in the end, so it has eventually been worth all that."

"The super licence is the most important thing right now. I've done well in other races but I still have to do about 300 kilometres ... over the next few weeks to get it. It won't be a problem though," he said.


"I've raced with drivers such as Jenson Button and (Takuma) Sato before, and I've beaten them on my day," he said. "They're doing pretty well in Formula One, so that gives me confidence that I too can compete."


India's second-largest business conglomerate, the Tata Group, and state-run refiner Bharat Petroleum Corp will initially have their logos on the car by virtue of being his sponsors, Karthikeyan said.


No comments: