Monday, December 15, 2008

Blogging again

It has been 35 months since my last blog post. My life has changed a lot and the world more so.

The last few months have been the busiest of my life and I have absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. It has been very personal as well. Reading flash news about job losses on CNBC is one thing, actually seeing that happening to your close colleagues and classmates is something you have to live through to understand.

We are living in special times indeed. I decided to blog again just out of pure curiosity about how things will turn out in the end. Even if it does not add much value to me right now, Im pretty sure it would be fun to read this blog a few years down the line. If it helps my friends understand better whats happening in these special times, it would be an added bonus. Lets see how it goes.

It would be great if you could send in your comments and suggestions.

3 comments:

Naveenan Ramachandran said...

Reminds me of a Chinese 'curse' - "May you live in interesting times" !!!

What a way to start blogging after all these months - with none other than Madoff ... $50bn ... I am not even able to imagine as to how much money it is ...

Srinath said...

Wow.. would be interesting to follow an insider's view. And am sure the job loss thing is going to be across industries (though maybe much less pronounced as compared to the i-banking sector)

Unknown said...

I was just reading a marketwatch article on Madoff's alleged victims...a former Salomon Brothers' chief economist, hedge funds, iBanks, etc...It is just unbelievable to learn that all these knowledgeable market experts bought into his ponzi scheme...Either all these people were stupid or Madoff was smart...Whatever the cause is, I don't care as I did not let Madoff play with my millions because, in the first place, I didn't have millions :-)....

As Warren Buffett's famous saying goes - "It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked.". At least we know now Madoff is one of them...Not sure how many more are out there...

Oh BTW, after all these years being a netizen, I've posted my first ever blog comment..I know..Shame on me :-(...Hope I become a blogger soon...

- Arun L